OmniArch is a 2D sidescrolling action game where you play as a rebel taking down a rogue AI government. Fight your way through the city as you take down a robot police force in an action packed adventure.
Download and play free here!
My work and accomplishments in this project included:
- Designed enemies and combat encounters
- Designed enemies using archetypes to allow for differences in kind
- Each enemy had their own purpose: Brute enemy took the players attention, ranged enemy kept the player moving, area control enemy made certain terrain harder to fight in.
- Conducted formal and informal playtesting throughout development
- Collaborated with artists, a sound designer, and team members on theme and plot design
- Delivered theme and story through enemy and mechanic design
- Organized a 7 person team including programmers, artists and a sound designer using Agile
- Facilitated communication between different disciplines to deliver a unified experience
- Prototyped game ideas early during the summer to get a head start going into the semester.
- Organized and delivered multiple professional presentations at various stages of development (ranging from Engine Proof to Final Presentation) which were consistently praised as professional quality
DigiPen Team Casual Baby Ducks
Eduardo Gorinstein – Designer / Producer
Juli Gregg – Graphics Programmer
Tai Der Hui – Physics Programmer
Michael Tyler – Programmer
Adam Rezich – Engine Architect
John Lim – Character Artist
Patrick-Michael Casey – Environment Artist
Spencer Mauro – Sound
Development Dates: August 2014 – April 2015